Bridlington Hockey Club
Junior Code of Conduct/Rules for Junior Players
The aim of Bridlington Hockey Club Junior Section is to promote healthy participation in sport. It is hoped that everyone will play to the best of their ability and that teams are successful. However, we believe that it is more important to enjoy sport and play fairly. The following Code of Conduct and Rules have been written to uphold the aims of Bridlington Hockey Club and to help and protect all junior players, umpires, spectators and parents involved in the playing of hockey regardless of whether it is in league games, friendly matches, or training sessions The club believes that it is important that its members, coaches, administrators, volunteers and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect, be encouraged to be open and to share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club with the coach or the appropriate committee member. Each individual is accountable for his or her own actions. Whether you are playing, watching, coaching or umpiring any match, it is your personal responsibility to treat your own team, opposition players, coaches spectators and the umpires with respect and consideration before, during and after the match.
- Compete for enjoyment.
- Do their best.
· Show team spirit and positive sporting behaviour.
· Play within the rules at all times
· Respect colleagues, coaches, opponents and the decisions of officials.
· Keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
· Wear suitable kit (including shin pads and gum shields) for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
· Pay any fees for training or events promptly.
· Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
· Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.